So being a celiac who loves to cook, I am constantly looking up recipes or new ideas of foods to incorporate into my diet. I love making sweets! I came across this recipe awhile back and had to share it with y’all!
It is called Gluten-Free Cookie Pizza!!
- 4 cups Rice Chex®, Corn Chex®, Chocolate Chex®, Honey Nut Chex® or Cinnamon Chex® cereal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons honey roasted peanuts
- 1 Betty Crocker® Fruit Roll-Ups® chewy fruit snack (any red variety), torn into pieces
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet.
- In large bowl, mix sugars, peanut butter, butter, egg and vanilla. Stir in crushed cereal. Spread in ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake 12 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows to within 1 inch of edge. Bake 5 minutes longer or until marshmallows are light golden brown. Sprinkle chocolate chips, peanuts and fruit snack pieces over marshmallows to look like pizza toppings. Cool completely on cooling rack. Cut into 16 wedges. Store tightly covered.
Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
How-To: Spread this mixture easily–just spray the back of a large spoon with cooking spray, then press the mixture into the pan with the back of the spoon.